Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mom's Birthday

Mom celebrated her birthday the other night with only about ten guests in total. It was a simple celebration yet a very successful one. My wife and I went home from Bulacan to help her prepare for her big day. Our gift included going to the public market at 4 AM with her. It was one heck of a job since our body clock's sleeping time is 2 AM. ;-) We enjoyed the trip however. I should have bought my camera as well. Too many great subjects to shoot. :)

Everybody in the house were working the whole day for the few lucky guests. My wife cooked and prepared most of the food. Of course, it won't be complete if I won't have my camera with me to shoot what's cooking. This is something I'd like to share with our family members abroad. >:-) I think the meal was a complete range of around the world dishes. They're ALL delicious and cooked well! Pork Pocket paired with Mashed Potato, Crab in Oyster Sauce, Tanigue Steak, Italian Chicken Wings, Fettuccine, Fried Drumstick, Tokwa't Baboy, Sashimi and Crab Sticks (gift from a friend), and a bunch of Maki (also a gift). Fruits served were ripe mangos, Indian mangos with bagoong, ripe papaya, and pineapple. Dessert is Buko Pandan. Yummy. :) I remember we also bought BIG prawns but we decided to keep it for now. Too much already. :)












Food photography is one of the things I love doing. Food styling is another but it's not easy. I'd leave it to the food stylists.

Happy birthday, madir!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those foods you have mentioned in your blog are truly delicious (kahit di ko tinikman, lol). Belated Happy Birthday to your Madir, Mik :) Jess

Anonymous said...

Yumm! Belated Happy Birthday to your mom Mik bro!!! Give my regards. Sarap food, sarap kumain waaahhhhhh! >:P

Pics are superb, makes me so hunggggrryyyy aahhh.. .. >:P

Anonymous said...

Ohh Mik by the way, it was your wife who cooked most of the food.. wow! "the way thru a man's heart is thru his stomach. .." that says it all. =) congratulations!! <><

Mik Toldoya said...

Thanks po! :)

Yeap, Mhenkie, I think I'm gaining weight. :-D

Anonymous said...

Truly yummy ang food,,,grabee,, TERE is the Best Cook talaga,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Belatad Happy Birthday to your MOM mik,,,,miss ya so much..



frm the sisons sisterssssss
and of corz riech,...

Mik Toldoya said...

Uy thanks guys for dropping by! ;-)