Monday, June 9, 2008

Something fishy

I miss shooting lately. I've been doing more work in front of my PC instead. Post processing photos, layouting wedding albums, surfing for new gadgets, YMing, reading blogs, youtube... the hardest part of the business! :-D But I'm already getting used to it. :) Good thing I was able to take a break last weekend when my wife and I toured her family to Subic's Ocean Adventure. It's their first time. Very busy businessmen. And it was my turn to enjoy the aquariums once again. :) I love shooting big aquariums. Beautiful subjects but very challenging. Very difficult task. Different lighting situations, lighting colors, and almost no lights. I pushed my camera and lense to the limit just to aim for sharp images. Well not really since I didn't go as far as ISO 1600 but I was able to managed some good shots. I'll do some ISO 1600 next time and maybe I'll get more great shots. I can't wait also to visit Singapore or Hongkong for their aquariums. Simply the best.







It's my second time to visit Ocean Adventure in two weeks time. I wonder how's Manila Ocean Park doing now. When my family and I visited the new place last March, we felt we just burned money. Nothing much to see unlike in Subic where you'll see a Dolphin show, a Sea Lion show, and more for the same price. There are also too much bubbles or dirt floating in MOP aquariums. I can't get clear images. I mean the water isn't "crystal clear". Although I would understand it's just new and needs more improvements perhaps. Here are some images I took...







See what I mean? Or maybe it's just me and wrong camera settings. ;-) I'll try again next time... if! :)

No comments: