Saturday, July 26, 2008

Shifted... to Mac :)

I finally shifted to Mac. Thanks to Ryan. Super kulit kasi! :-D But it's very nice really. Maybe I need a day or two to get used to it. I'm good with that. The other exciting part is the rig is FAST! Core 2 Duo at 2.0 Ghz with 2 GB of RAM upgradable (and usable) up to 8 GB. For now, 2 GB is more than enough. The processor is not top-of-the-line but it's very powerful already for my job. I tried multi-tasking "to the max" a while ago and it doesn't consume even 25% of the whole memory. I also tried loading 800+ images I took on an event last weekend and the pictures simply showed smoothly all at the same time. No more waiting. With my Core Solo, 1GB RAM WinXP, it's very sluggish. Not the PC's fault. It's powerful. Memory management is the problem. I won't have problems layouting wedding albums now. No more excuses not to finish them when I need them. :-D A bonus to that is a 22-inch LCD monitor and superb music output by Altec Lansing's VS4121. Sweet. :)

Paging kong Marco... this is the real thing now. :-D Kong Marco is a very good friend who also helped me A LOT with PC softwares before. And we played with a particular program that will transform my XP into a Mac. It's a skin. It's Windows XP but the interface is Mac. It's a cheap software and it instead damaged my operating system (OS). All hell breaks lose and I reinstalled everything. Windows, all my programs, and I even did a bloody hard drive partitioning, which I really don't like doing myself. Trying-hard Mac-ing. :-D But no more of that now. I'm a real Mac user now. Job calls for it as well. :)

BTW, I'm sure Elle will be very happy about this also. She's one of my makulit Mac friends who also tempted me non-stop to shift. ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pare mahal ng mac eh...can't afford it...lol! rein