Thursday, January 10, 2008

Baguio Jan 2, 2008

I greeted the New Year with a Baguio trip. :) It's my wife's first time to be in the place. My first time also to drive around with no guide but managed to visit all the tourist spots. Thanks to a 50-peso map I bought in SM Baguio. :) But a lot of my friends also recommend commuting. Taxi fares in Baguio are cheap. And no more long driving. :)

I consider my trip as a travel photography. What I noticed when you do travel photography is there's not much time for you to double-check your camera settings. With the bright daylight, it's hard to tell the quality of the images even if you have a big camera LCD. Therefore, I learned to check the camera settings before going out. And try not to ask someone to hold the camera for you. I did that and they accidentally messed up the settings. It cost me some great images. :-D

Another thing, it's hard to mix family quality time with travel photography. :-D I was not able to do much creative shots since my goal that time was to capture moments with my wife. :) I was, however, able to manage some good shots while she does shopping or while sleeping. :-D Here they are:



The first one is my favorite. Very artistic photo. It's not editted. No tripod used. No need since I took it not on an evening, but mid-afternoon. ;-) The second one was taken 7AM from our hotel's balcony. The last one, well, just took it for stock. :-D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pine Trees photo was significant! You should have taken a lot more hehe.

"Poem for the Pines"
Shades of dark
from behind
seem to make a subject,
however virtue has it
that trees are meant
for beauty, with or without.
-mhenkie 02-11-08

Mik Toldoya said...

Thank you, mhenkie! Very lovely poem, too. :)

Gem said...

I looveeee the first pic too! Masarap din ung strawberries! Galeng galeng!

Mik Toldoya said...

Hi gem! Thanks for the comment! Natikman mo ba yung strawberries? :-D